Use this Health and Wellness Checklist to Step into Bloom This Spring
Spring is in the air. It is finally time to shake off those winter blues and embrace the fresh wave of inspiration that springtime offers. Cue the smell of fresh flowers, birds singing, and aesthetic picnics! For a spring health and wellness checklist that will leave you feeling reinvigorated and excited to step into full bloom, read on.
1. Fuel the body for a new season with adequate nutrition
Studies show that those with healthy eating patterns typically live longer and are at a lower risk of conditions such as heart disease, diabetes, and obesity. Therefore, it is vital to fuel up with the protein and key nutrients we need. One way to do this is by choosing quality multitasking products like Green Vibrance + Protein. This unique protein-packed product contains nearly 70+ superfoods and 25 billion probiotics per serving to create smoother digestion and boosted immunity. Made with easily digestible protein from spirulina, peas, and pumpkin seeds, Green Vibrance + Protein is designed to leave you feeling full and satisfied. Available in creamy vanilla, this nutritious powerhouse product is one you will want to keep in your daily smoothie rotation.
2. Spring is a time to declutter and toss what does not serve you
Too much clutter and disorganization can cause chaos and excess stress. Follow in Marie Kondo’s footprints this spring with a clear-cut method to tidy up your home in no time. Author of the bestselling “The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up” Kondo encourages others to clean things out by category such as books or clothes. Pausing to ask if the item at hand sparks joy can help you assess what is truly important to keep and what’s meant for the trash. Decluttering also carries a number of surprising mental and physical benefits such as a boosted mood, a sense of accomplishment, and even some light exercise! Clearing things out can reduce mental stress and sharpen your focus so that you can focus on the tasks at hand. Seeing the sparkling results from a clean, organized space can remotivate you to take on a new season!
3. Show some TLC to your joints and try cycling
With winter keeping many indoors, spring can be a wonderful chance to get back outside to exercise again. One often overlooked form of exercise is cycling. Opting for a bike ride can be a fun, easy way to get your heart pumping and aerobic workout in. Another benefit is that biking is fairly low impact. Biking often causes less wear and tear than many other types of high intensity exercises like running or HITT workouts. After the age of 25 the body naturally starts to lose collagen, leaving skin thinner and joints more vulnerable to wear and tear. One pro-tip to support joint health as you age is choosing a joint support supplement that fits your daily routine. Vibrant Health’s Joint Vibrance is a nourishing formula that provides comprehensive joint and cartilage support. Made with hydrolyzed collagen peptides, this product helps to naturally cushion joints and rebuild healthy bones, cartilage, and tendons. With 10,600 mg of collagen and potent antioxidants, Joint Vibrance can provide pain management support and leave you feeling youthful all throughout the day. For optimal results mix 1 level scoop at night daily with 4-8 oz. of water.
4. Plant flowers and cultivate beauty in the garden
“To plant a garden is to believe in tomorrow.” -Audrey Hepburn
Picking up a green thumb this year is an excellent way to not only get into nature but also to create something meaningful in your own backyard. Gardening can be done either solo or in a group and can look like planting in season colorful fruits and veggies for the table or simply planting beautiful flowers to enjoy. Being able to get outside and soak in that vitamin D on sunny days in the garden can work wonders for your mood and immune system. Other positives for gardening include increased exercise, a lifted mood, and a fresh therapeutic outlet. As you nurture and plant new things in the soil, gardening can also help to build up self-esteem. It is important to remember to start small and not take on or plant more than you can handle since a garden does require work. Taking time to research appropriate plants for your geographical area, season, and type of soil is crucial to cultivating a long-lasting garden. So, grab that gardening spade and get to planting!
5. Pack the perfect picnic for spring
While winter is often a time to cozy up at home with warm, hearty meals, spring is a time to lighten things up. What better way to kick off the spring season than a delicious, aesthetic picnic at a local spot.
Tips for the perfect spring picnic:
- Find the perfect local spot whether it is a beautiful park, a field full of flowers, or a grassy area. Make sure to check the weather ahead of time and scout for shady spots on hot, sunny days!
- Pack a soft, comfortable, and durable blanket (and possibly a few pillows) for added comfort and enjoyment.
- Pick a light refreshing drink that can help you and others hydrate and wash down those picnic foods. Sparkling water, lemonade, or a sweet rose wine are some simple but sweet options to pair with lunch.
- For a charcuterie style meal, common things to pack include: fresh fruits (like cut up apples, strawberries, and grapes), a variety of cheeses, a loaf of fresh bread, and savory deli meats like prosciutto or salami.
- The final step is selecting a picnic basket or cooler to carry things in along with necessary utensils and plates. Placing the heaviest objects in first along with the cold items can ensure things stay in their place and fresh by the time lunch is served.
Spring is a season to be cherished so don’t miss out on the fun indoor and outdoor ideas to step into bloom, create memorable moments, and cultivate beauty right where yo