Just Peachy: Try These 20 Healthy Summer Peach Recipes
August is National Peach Month, dedicated to celebrating one of our favorite juicy summertime fruits! This week on the Vibrant Health blog, we’re dishing out its health benefits, how to incorporate peaches into your diet and healthy recipes to try this season. Now isn’t that just peachy?
Why We Love Peaches
We’ve got a lot of love for peaches — and for good reason. This juicy seasonal stone fruit is packed with vitamins and nutrients. According to the U.S. Department of Agriculture, one medium-sized peach contains 10 mg of immune-boosting vitamin C; plus they’re also rich in vitamin A and fiber.
Peaches make for a wonderful addition (or substitute) for bananas in your green smoothies — especially if you’re following a low potassium diet. In fact, they have fewer carbohydrates and calories too. Win, win!
How to Add Peaches into Your Diet
Now that you know why peaches are good for you, here are some ways to incorporate them into your diet:
- Add fresh or frozen peaches to your smoothies and smoothie bowls
- Mix chopped peaches into your oatmeal or cereal
- Sprinkle on top of yogurt
- Try making homemade peach preserves to extend their shelf life!
- Mix in with homemade muffins or other baked goods
- Serve as a healthy topping with your ice cream
- Make a refreshing peach salsa
- Try grilling them for a unique BBQ side
- Pick them yourself for a fun family adventure
Enjoy them savory — on top of salads, cheese or even pizza!
20 Healthy Peach Recipes to Try this Summer
Ready to get cooking? Here’s a roundup of healthy peach recipes to try this summer — including breakfasts, apps, meals and sweet treats!
- Peaches & Cream Overnight Oats
- Summer Greens Smoothie
- Peach Parfaits
- Strawberry & Peach Smoothie Bowl
- Simple Summer Peach Salsa
- Peach Crostini
- Avocado Summer Rolls
- Summer Peach Spinach Salad with Avocado, Almonds & Goat Cheese
- Peach Caprese Salad
- Peach & Spinach Salad with Feta
- Peach & Corn Quinoa Salad with Cilantro Ranch
- Tomato Peach Gazpacho
- Balsamic Peach Chicken Kabobs
- Peach, Basil, Mozzarella & Balsamic Pizza
- Grilled Peaches with Cinnamon & Honey
- Almond Flour Peach Muffins
- Peach Nice Cream
- Healthy Peach Crisp
- Creamy Peach & Honey Popsicles
- Sparkling Rosemary Peach Mocktail
1. Peaches & Cream Overnight Oats by Minimalist Baker
This 5-minute overnight oat recipe includes dairy-free milk, coconut yogurt, maple syrup and diced peaches for a creamy and fulfilling breakfast.
2. Summer Greens Smoothie by Vibrant Health
We love refreshing green smoothies, especially during the dog days of summer! Shake up this Summer Greens Smoothie recipe by swapping mango with 2 cups frozen peaches.
3. Peach Parfaits by Love and Zest
These pretty parfaits layer peaches with greek yogurt and granola for the ultimate summer breakfast treat.
4. Strawberry & Peach Smoothie Bowl by A Sweet Pea Chef
Combine two of the season’s favorite fruits in this frozen blended smoothie bowl! Top with sliced fruit, granola and shredded coconut.
5. Simple Summer Peach Salsa by Bowl of Delicious
Peaches and salsa together? Yes, please! This one features tomatoes, corn, red onion, cilantro and of course: a freshly chopped peach.
6. Peach Crostini by Love in my Oven
These adorable peach crostinis are the ultimate summer party app — made with goat cheese, basil, honey and peaches.
7. Avocado Summer Rolls by Love and Lemons
Give your summer rolls a colorful, juicy twist by adding peaches! You’ll love dipping them in a homemade Basil Coconut Sauce.
8. Summer Peach Spinach Salad by Ambitious Kitchen
Take your summer spinach salad game to the next level by adding peaches, avocado, heart-healthy-almonds and a homemade balsamic vinaigrette.
9. Peach Caprese Salad by Iowa Girl Eats
Try this summer spin on the classic caprese, topping it off with juicy ripe peach slices!
10. Peach & Spinach Salad with Feta by Eating Well
This colorful salad brings together spinach, shallot, feta, pine nuts and peaches for a refreshing summertime lunch!
11. Peach and Corn Quinoa Salad with Cilantro Ranch by Dishing Out Health
This peachy salad would be great to serve at your next BBQ — made with hearty ingredients like protein-packed quinoa, corn and queso fresco.
12. Tomato Peach Gazpacho by Feasting at Home
Cool down with a cup of tomato-based gazpacho! This one blends in peaches for a touch of sweetness.
13. Balsamic Peach Chicken Kabobs by The Whole Cook
Be everyone’s favorite grill master with these sizzling peach and chicken kabobs!
14. Peach, Basil, Mozzarella & Balsamic Pizza by Two Pea and Their Pod
Wow everyone at your next dinner party with this peachy pie, featuring summer favorites like peach, basil and mozzarella!
15. Grilled Peaches with Cinnamon & Honey by Hungry Healthy Happy
If you’ve never tried peaches on the grill, now’s the time! These grilled peaches are topped with just three simple ingredients: honey, cinnamon and coconut oil.
16. Almond Flour Peach Muffins by The Lemon Bowl
Summer-ify your muffins with this healthy peach recipe. Made with wholesome ingredients including almond flour, they’re even gluten free.
17. Peace Nice Cream by The Pretty Bee
Making your own ice cream is simpler than you may think! This vegan “nice cream” is made by blending frozen peaches, frozen bananas and maple syrup.
18. Healthy Peach Crisp by Erin Lives Whole
Apple crisp is for fall, and peach crisp is for summer! This gluten free and vegan recipe is the perfect accompaniment for your summer picnics.
19. Creamy Peach & Honey Popsicles by Cookie and Kate
Made with yogurt, honey and fresh peaches, these pops will cool you right now. Peaches plus popsicles make for a dreamy combo, after all!
20. Sparkling Rosemary Peach Mocktail by Cake ‘n Knife
This sparkling summer mocktail contains no alcohol but all the flavor! With unique ingredients like rosemary simple syrup, this beverage will elevate your next BBQ.
DISCLAIMER: This information is not intended as a substitute for advice provided by a competent health care professional. You should not use this information in diagnosing or treating a health problem. No claim or opinion in this blog is intended to be, nor should be construed to be, medical advice. If you are now taking any drugs, prescribed or not, or have a medical condition, please consult a competent physician who is aware of herb/drug interactions before taking any herbal supplements. The information presented herein has not been evaluated by the FDA or the Department of Health and is not intended to diagnose, prevent, cure, mitigate or treat any disease or illness.