Coco Hazelnut Harmony Smoothie
I know I'm not the only one who looks for some comforting flavors during the fall. Some of my personal favorites are cinnamon, apple cider, caramel, and toasted marshmallows.
One combination that I love, which is slightly overlooked, is the fusion of cocoa and hazelnuts. Yet, for today's recipe, instead of a traditional warm beverage or treat, we’re turning this delightful pairing into a refreshing dessert smoothie.
Below I'm going to go over the ingredients, and some tips to make the smoothie your own.
- 1 scoop Green Vibrance Chocolate Coconut
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup whole hazelnuts
- 1 heaping tablespoon of raw cacao powder
- 4 Medjool dates, pitted
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 large ice cubes
Healthy Tip: Always opt for raw cacao powder over conventional cocoa. Raw cacao is less processed and hence retains its high antioxidant properties, fiber, iron, and magnesium!
- Soak the hazelnuts overnight to ease blending and digestion. After draining, add them to your blender.
- Include the Medjool dates, cacao powder, and vanilla extract.
- Mix in a scoop of Green Vibrance Chocolate Coconut for flavor and gut health benefits.
- Add water and blend until smooth.
- Include ice and adjust to desired thickness.
- Tip: Adjust water or ice for consistency.
- Enjoy your rich Cocoa Hazelnut Harmony Smoothie with a perfect blend of sweetness and earthiness.
What To Add To This Smoothie If You Want To Make It Your Own
Adding some of your own personal touch to your smoothie can be fun. I know I like to add some garnishing to mine. Below I'll give you some ideas for inspiration.
If you sprinkle some crushed hazelnuts on top it will give you an added crunch. They'll not only enhance the texture but also reinforce the nutty flavor.
Dark Chocolate Drizzle:
If you like dark chocolate, a touch of dark chocolate syrup can elevate the cocoa tones, making your smoothie even more indulgent. The silky, rich drizzle pairs wonderfully with the hazelnut undertones.
If you have any smoothie ideas, be sure to send it in to us. Also, if you want to take a look at all of our other recipes, click here.