Best Omega 3 and Probiotics Supplements (All In one)
Optimizing your health and wellness often involves incorporating a variety of supplements into your daily routine. Two of the most beneficial supplements for overall health are Omega-3 fatty acids and probiotics.
Because of this, you may be wondering, “What’s the best way to supplement both Omega-3 and probiotics in the easiest way?”
In this article, we are going to go over the best omega-3 and probiotics supplements in one package (or try to at least).
The Rarity Of Combining Omega 3 and Probiotics Supplements
To start, let's explain the rarity of both Omega-3 and probiotics being included in the same supplement.
The key to understanding this lies in their distinct manufacturing processes.
Omega-3 supplements are typically derived from fish oil or algae, and they require a certain set of procedures to ensure their purity and potency.
On the other hand, probiotics are derived from live bacteria and yeasts, which utilizes a completely different production environment to maintain their viability and effectiveness.
The challenge of combining these two supplements into one product lies in harmonizing these different manufacturing processes. To do this, producers need additional manufacturing steps to ensure it's done properly.
The process companies use to combine omega-3s and probiotics in a supplement involves microencapsulation, a technique where core materials such as omega-3 oils and probiotic bacteria are coated with a protective layer to improve stability and efficacy.
Now that we're done with that lesson. It's time to dive into the health benefits of both, and why it's good to have them within your daily supplement intake.
Health Benefits Of Omega 3's And Probiotics
First we're going to go over the benefits of Omega 3's, and follow that up with Probiotics. Lastly, we'll dive into whether or not combining the two has additional health benefits.
Omega 3 Health Benefits
Before we dive into the benefits. We must explain exactly what Omega 3's are. Your body can't produce omega 3's on its own, which is why it's so important to include them in your daily supplement routine. Common sources of Omega-3s include fish, algae, flax seeds, and chia seeds.
Getting these sources in could sometimes be difficult, which is why it’s important to find an effective supplement..
Now, time for the benefits. All information was sourced from this article.
- Mental Health Improvement: Regular consumption of Omega-3s has been linked to reduced symptoms of depression and anxiety. EPA, a type of Omega-3, seems to be particularly effective in reducing depression symptoms.
- Eye Health: DHA, another type of Omega-3, is a major structural component of the retina of the eye. Adequate intake of Omega-3 is linked to a reduced risk of macular degeneration, a leading cause of permanent eye damage and blindness.
- Heart Health: Omega-3 fatty acids have been tied to numerous benefits for heart health, including significant reduction in levels of triglycerides, prevention of harmful blood clots, and reduction in the production of some substances released during the body’s inflammatory response.
- Inflammation and Autoimmune Diseases: Omega-3 fatty acids can reduce chronic inflammation, which can contribute to heart disease, cancer, and various other diseases. They may also help treat and prevent several autoimmune diseases, including type 1 diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis, ulcerative colitis, Crohn’s disease, and psoriasis.
- Brain Health: Higher Omega-3 intake is linked to decreased age-related mental decline and a reduced risk of Alzheimer’s disease.
Health Benefits Of Probiotics
Our bodies contain good and bad bacteria within our intestines. It's very important to have a healthy balance between the two. That's where probiotics come in. They can be found in fermented foods like yogurt, sauerkraut, and kimchi, or taken as dietary supplements (as we’re discussing in this post).
- Balancing Friendly Bacteria in Your Digestive System: Probiotics can help restore the natural balance of gut bacteria, which can be disrupted due to illness, medication, poor diet, and more. This balance is crucial for overall health.
- Preventing and Treating Diarrhea: Probiotics are known for their ability to prevent or reduce the severity of diarrhea, especially diarrhea associated with antibiotic use.
- Improving Mental Health Conditions: Some studies have found that certain strains of probiotics can improve mental health disorders such as depression, anxiety, and obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD).
- Promoting Heart Health: Probiotics may help lower "bad" LDL cholesterol and blood pressure, contributing to heart health.
- Reducing Symptoms of Certain Digestive Disorders: Probiotics may help reduce symptoms of bowel disorders like ulcerative colitis and IBS
- Boosting Immune System: Probiotics may help boost your immune system and protect against infections.
- Aiding in Weight Loss: Certain probiotics may help you lose weight and belly fat, although more research is needed.
Are There Any Specific Benefits Of Combining The Two?
There are specific benefits of taking your omega-3 and probiotics together. Combining the two supplements can help to create a synergistic effect, making them even more powerful than when taken alone. Here is how they could work together effectively.
Prebiotic Effects Through Omega 3's
Some research proves omega 3's may have prebiotic effects. Prebiotics are basically the food that probiotics feed off in a sense. Because of this omega 3's improve the overall environment of good bacteria within your digestive tract and increase the benefits of taking the probiotic.
Best All-In-One Supplements That Combine Both
Ritual Multivitamins For Men and Women + Synbiotic +
Smarty Pants Vitamins
Founded by Katerina Schneider. Products are vegan, non-GMO, and free from synthetic fillers, and tested by independent labs
Established in 2011, committed to testing, transparency, and advocacy. All products are non-GMO, free from synthetic colors, artificial flavors, artificial sweeteners, and preservatives
Essential For Women/Men provides 330mg of Omega-3 Docosahexaenoic Acid (DHA)
Provided through organic flaxseed oil
Synbiotic + offers 11 Billion CFUs of probiotics
Contains Bacillus subtilis (organic maltodextrin 270%, DE111®) with 1 Billion CFU's
Mental and eye health, heart health, reduces inflammation, improves brain health
Promotes heart, cognitive and digestive health
Traceable ingredients, third-party tested, delayed release capsules, vegan friendly, gluten, sugar, and free of major allergens
Vegetarian, allergen friendly, organic ingredients, gummy form
Lacks Vitamin C, could have more probiotics, expensive
Contains added sugars, requires taking three per day, slightly pricey
Knowing that these two supplements combined could be very beneficial isn't enough. You need to make sure that you choose one from a reputable company that you trust. These include companies that:
- Have Supplements Third Party Tested
- Follow Good Manufacturing Processes
- Good Results
- Positive Reviews
Below we will go over the best companies along with the information you need to make the right decision.
#1 Ritual Multivitamins For Men and Women + Synbiotic +
Ritual is a company dedicated to creating supplements backed by science. The company, started by Katerina Schneider, was formed out of a motivation of wanting to provide more for women who were in the prenatal stage.
This motivation developed from searching for good products while she was pregnant. She was amazed at how hard it was to find a brand that she trusted.
As a whole, they are a company that doesn't believe in any "sort of BS", and according to their site, they care greatly about what they create for their customers. Here's how they carry out that no-BS promise:
- The products are tested by independent labs
- They are tested for heavy metals, impurities, major allergens, and more
- All of their products are vegan, non-GMO, and free from synthetic fillers
- Traceable ingredients
On top of their great prenatal supplements, they also have two powerful supplements for this topic (omega 3's and probiotics). Let's dive into both of them.
Essential For Women & Synbiotic +
This combination isn't all in one. It's the combination of two separate supplements that Ritual has to offer, Essential For Women Multivitamin 18+, and Synbiotic Plus.
Essential For Women: Containing 8 traceable ingredients, Essential for women includes everything you need to fill those nutritional gaps.
One interesting thing they did was leave out Vitamin C. Their reasoning is because you most likely already get your fair share of Vitamin C through your every day diet.
When it comes to probiotics and omega 3’s, the essential for women is what carries the omegas.
As you could see below, it contains 330 mg of Omega-3 Docosahexaenoic Acid (DHA)
[from Schizochytrium spp. (whole microalgae)°] which is a good amount of DHA.
Synbiotic +: Next up is the gut health side of things. Synbiotic + contains prebiotics, probiotics and postbiotics which is a well rounded approach at helping your gut achieve optimal health.
Essential For Men & Synbiotic Plus: The biggest difference between the mens and women’s versions is the fact that the mens have different dosages and also includes zinc.
Pros and Cons For Ritual
Information on their sourcing for each ingredient
Third Party Tested
Delayed Release Capsules
Vegan Friendly and Gluten, Sugar, and free of major allergens
Fills nutritional gaps, has a good micro nutritional profile
Doesn’t have vitamin C for people who need it.
11 Billion CFUs of probiotics are good, but it could be better
Expensive since you have to buy both supplements (cheaper options on the market)
#2 Smarty Pants Vitamins
SmartyPants Vitamins, established in 2011, is a company driven by the mission to simplify health without compromising on quality. The company was started by a group of health-conscious parents and wellness enthusiasts and has since grown to offer a wide range of supplements tailored to various life stages and dietary needs.
The company stands out in the industry for its commitment to testing, transparency, and advocacy. They source only the highest-quality ingredients and adhere to rigorous testing and packaging standards. All their products are free from synthetic colors, artificial flavors, artificial sweeteners, and preservatives, and are non-GMO.
Each product undergoes third-party lab testing for purity and potency, ensuring that you can trust in their safety and effectiveness. Beyond their products, SmartyPants Vitamins is also committed to making a difference in the world. They have been making life-changing nutrient donations to women and children in the U.S. and around the world, through their partnership with Vitamin Angels.
Choosing SmartyPants Vitamins means not only investing in your health but also contributing to a healthier world. Their dedication to quality, transparency, and social responsibility makes them a reliable and ethical choice for those seeking supplements.
Men's Complete Organic Gummy Multivitamin
The Men's Complete Organic Gummy Multivitamin from SmartyPants is a comprehensive supplement designed to support overall health. It's packed with vegetarian omega-3, probiotics, and essential nutrients. Key ingredients include vitamin D as D3 for bone health, vitamin B12 as methylcobalamin for energy, and zinc for healthy immune function. The supplement comes in a 120-gummy bottle, providing a 30-day supply.
Women's Complete Organic Gummy Multivitamin
The Women's Complete Organic Gummy Multivitamin is another standout product from SmartyPants. It's formulated with organic ingredients and includes biotin, probiotics, Vitamin C, Vitamin D3, Vitamin B12, Omega 3, and Zinc.
Both of these are allergen-friendly, being free of gluten, gelatin, milk, eggs, shellfish, soy, peanut, wheat, fish, and tree nuts. Similar to the men's variant, it is available in a 120-gummy bottle.
Information About The Probiotics and Omega 3's
Smarty pants multivitamins contain Bacillus subtilis (organic maltodextrin 270%, DE111®) (1 Billion CFU's). This amount could help with occasional constipation, but in most cases it's not enough for other benefits.
When it comes to the Omega side of things the vitamins include:
- Organic Flaxseed Oil
- Omega-3 (a-Linolenic Acid)
- Omega-6 (Linoleic Acid)
- Omega-9 (Oleic Acid)
These omegas are a great addition for overall heart health, cognitive and digestive health.
Pros and Cons
- Vegetarian and Allergen Friendly
- Gummy Vitamins Which Makes It Easier to Take (some even enjoy them)
- All organic ingredients, making them a healthier option than a lot of different vitamins.
- Contains Added sugars which is a con to some.
- Kind Of Pricey. However, you get what you pay for when it comes to the quality of ingredients used.
- You have to take 3 per day which could be a lot to some.
As you could see, we only were able to come up with two products when it comes to omega 3’s and probiotics coinciding with one another. There were some other supplements but they weren’t up to par in terms of transparency and ingredient quality, so we didn’t even want to include them on this list.
If you want to see more blog posts like this one, check out our blog now!We also have our own fair share of quality products. Take a look at our shop!