Simple Creamsicle Smoothie
The creamsicle was created in the early 1900’s by Frank Epperson, and the rest is history. The combination of ice cream in the middle with the coated orange shell has become a timeless treat loved by many. Because of this, we wanted to create a healthy smoothie to recreate this creamsicle flavor, but without the added sugars and preservatives found in the commercial popsicle version.
It doesn’t only mimic the taste of the creamsicle, but it also has our joint supplement Joint Vibrance in it as well, making it a wholesome smoothie that not only satisfies your sweet cravings but also supports joint health. Let’s dive into what is in the smoothie and how it’s made.
- 2 oranges, peeled, plus the juice of 1 orange
- 1 large frozen banana
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 scoop of our hero, Joint Vibrance
- Roll oranges on the countertop, then peel two and juice the third.
- In a blender, combine the peeled oranges, extracted juice, frozen banana, honey, almond milk, and Greek yogurt. Blend until smooth.
- Add a scoop of Joint Vibrance and blend briefly until mixed.
- Pour into a glass and drink immediately for maximum nutrient benefits.
- Enjoy your Creamsicle Smoothie
What Can You Add To a Creamsicle Smoothie?
The creamsicle doesn’t need much help when it comes to flavor. However, if you want to make it slightly more creamy, we have a little hack.
Add Coconut Cream
Coconut cream is a fantastic alternative to traditional whipped cream. It's a vegan-friendly option that doesn't compromise on the rich, creamy texture we all love.
If you want to bring back the creamsicle and experience nostalgia, you should give this smoothie a shot. For other popular recipes check out this page.