We all struggle with energy sometimes. With everything going on in our lives, it can be easy to forget to plan ahead to eat nutritious food that fuels us. These vegan bars are easy to meal prep, and perfect for a snack on-the-go. Whether you are starting out your day, getting ready for a workout, or having an afternoon snack, these Vegan Energy Bars will give you the extra push to get you through the day. Buen Dia gives these bars an extra 12 grams of vegan protein, along with an organic plant-based multivitamin. Try the recipe and let us know what you think!
(Pro-Tip: Add 1 scoop of Field of Greens to the recipe for added nutrients)
- 3 scoops of Buen Día
- 1 can (15 ounces) chickpeas,
rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup all natural peanut butter
(or almond butter)
- 1/3 cup plus 2 Tbsp vegan
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
or agave nectar 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- coarse sea salt, for sprinkling
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray 8×8-inch pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a food processor, add all ingredients, except chocolate chips, and process until batter is smooth. Fold in 1/3 cup of chocolate chips.
3. Press batter evenly into prepared pan then sprinkle
2 tbs of chocolate chips on top.
4. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
5. Cool in pan for 20 minutes on wire rack. Sprinkle with sea salt then cut into squares. Makes 16 bars. Store covered in the fridge for up to 3-5 days.
BUEN DÍA provides 12 grams of pea protein complete with all 8 essential amino acids, which support weight loss by decreasing hunger hormones and keeping blood glucose at healthy levels