World Health Day: Tips + Habits to Elevate Your Health in Every Season
April 7 marks World Health Day, a day created to elevate the importance of pursuing good health for all. It is also the 75th anniversary of the well-known World Health Organization each year brings awareness to an important topic to focus on in the medical and wellness world. This year focuses on public health for all and identifying changes to improve healthcare around the world where many disparities exist. Below are some simple ways to elevate your health and vitality in every season of life.
Revamp your vitamin routine + identify nutritional gaps
While getting all of your vitamins and minerals from diet alone is beneficial, this can sometimes prove difficult with on-the-go lives. Studies show that many Americans have eating patterns that create various nutritional deficiencies.
Adding in key vitamins can be helpful to close any nutritional gaps, starting with being aware. Asking your doctor for a simple blood test can be used to evaluate where there may be deficiencies keeping you from feeling your very best.
Vibrant Health carries numerous, power-packed vitamins including Vitamin C and Kreb Zinc. Formulated without any synthetic ascorbic acid and with whole food bioflavonoids, Vibrant Health’s Vitamin C is an important supplement designed to boost the immune system and promote healthy aging. Zinc is an important mineral that aids in various critical functions in the body such as clear vision and immune function.
With many vitamins being full of filler and synthetic ingredients, look for vitamins with top-notch ingredients and transparency so you get the most bang for your buck… and your health!
Incorporate daily walks + movement into your routine
With so many new trendy workouts on the scene, walking can be easy to forget about. This simple, yet incredibly effective workout has a long list of incredible mental, physical, and emotional benefits to consider including:
- Boosted mood and mental health
- Lowered stress and cortisol levels
- Help lose weight and body fat
- Improved aerobic fitness and cardio endurance
- Increased energy levels
Remember to plan your walk ahead of time if life tends to get in the way. Choosing supportive shoes with good arch support can ensure you are comfortable especially if walking briskly. Planning the walking route and even having a backup plan on hand for bad weather (like an indoor mall) can also be helpful. As with most exercises, setting realistic goals and easing your way in is a great way to help ensure you do not burn out or get injured.
Even finding small ways to get movement in such as parking in a further away parking spot, taking the stairs, or doing sit-ups are small efficient ways to pencil in movement with ease.
Consider a social media/tech detox to give your brain and body a break
While social media can be a great way to stay connected and in the know, it is important to give yourself a break. Regularly logging into social media can become routine and there are a number of factors to consider when determining its usage.
Some downsides of social media are that it can breed more comparison and jealousy when constantly bombarded with other people’s lives. This can unfortunately lead to a higher rate of depression and anxiety as well as a more sedentary lifestyle cooped up indoors. Studies show that a more sedentary lifestyle can take a toll on your vitamin D levels so getting outside in the sunlight can do wonders for both your mood and daily energy levels.
Ideas for a successful social media detox:
- Delete all of your social media apps off your phone
- Set a goal for how long you plan to be off the designated apps such as a week or a month
- Let a trusted friend or family member know you are doing it to help hold you accountable (or even do it with you!)
- Identify enjoyable hobbies, books, and people to connect with and try to get outdoors if you can to soak up that vitamin D
Consume more daily greens for vibrant health and energy
Adding more greens to your daily food rotation is essential for your daily and long-term health. Not only can they help you feel your best mentally and physically but they can also combat many signs of aging.
Creative ways to consume your greens:
- Eat fresh leafy greens: Eating leafy greens such as kale, spinach, collard greens, and cabbage are great ways to lower your risk of various diseases, high blood pressure, and even boost mental health. Bursting with antioxidants such as beta-carotene, kale is considered one of the most nutrient dense veggies on the planet and can reduce the risk of various diseases and cancers. Wanting to sneak in a health boost? Pop a handful of kale or spinach into a healthy smoothie and blend!
- High quality greens powder: A multi-faceted way to get your greens and protein in is Vibrant Health’s Green Vibrance +Protein. Brimming with 2730 mg of plant-based micronutrients and 6 cereal grass varieties, Green Vibrance +Protein packs a nutritious punch. It is also protein-packed with 20 grams of easily digestible pea protein, making it the perfect 2-in-1 product to blend up on busy mornings or afternoons!
- Quality greens supplement: If you are looking for a simple yet quality greens powder, Green Vibrance could be for you. This specially formulated powder is brimming with micronutrients, antioxidants, prebiotics, adaptogens, and even contains 25 billion probiotics for smoother digestion. For optimal results take 1 scoop 45 minutes after a meal with 8 oz. of water or your favorite juice.
With good health it becomes possible to work productively, enjoy life with those that matter, and make meaningful contributions back to the world around us. As World Health Day arrives, consider simple ways to improve the world around you, elevate your routine, and create more vibrant health in the present!