Tips to Thrive in Health + Life as a Woman on International Women’s Day
“Where there is a woman there is magic.”
March 8 marks International Women’s Day which is a day to recognize, spotlight, and celebrate the remarkable strengths and magic of the women all around us in our classrooms, homes, and workplaces. Women carry the creative power to infuse the world with their light but it begins with taking the time to care for themselves well. Below are key ways to unleash the powerhouse woman within with productivity hacks, tips for glowing health, and secrets to launch into your best season of growth yet.
1. Create a personalized recipe for a productive morning
Waking up to a beeping alarm and throwing the covers off on a Monday morning can evoke feelings of dread. What if having an energizing morning routine could help you step into that true Wonder Woman energy?
Ideas for a healthy morning routine:
- Wake up at the same time every day. This ensures that the brain’s natural melatonin is working for you and not against you and also helps bodily functions run more smoothly and efficiently.
- Start your day with a big glass of water and your vitamins. Some excellent vitamins for women to boost daily energy and immunity include Vibrant Health’s Krebs Zinc and Supernatural Vitamin C. Created with whole food bioflavonoids and with essential mineral immune support, these are two vitamins you don’t want to skip in your daily routine.
- Make space for 5-10 minutes of mindfulness. This can help start the day on a peaceful note and ward off the stress and anxiety that comes when you are rushing through the morning.
- Blend up a nourishing smoothie with high-quality protein can help fuel you through long, busy days. With 70+ superfoods, plant protein, and 25 billion probiotics Green Vibrance + Protein is an excellent choice providing digestive, immune, and nutritional support all in one.
2. Harness your full potential with simple productivity shifts
Men and women are wired very differently and accepting this can unlock new ways to approach productivity through a female lens. One productivity shift that is emerging more into the spotlight for women is cycle syncing. There are 4 cycles within the female hormonal cycle with predictable fluctuations that impact energy, mood, and even cognition. By paying attention to each of the 4 phases (Follicular, Ovulatory, Luteal, and Menstruation) you can maximize each phase to your advantage and embrace deeper rest and reflection when needed. One way to get started with cycle syncing is by tracking your period to know which phase you are in. Using a period tracking app such as the popular Flo Period & Ovulation Tracker app is a great place to begin harnessing your time and productivity within your cycle.
3. Care for mental health with regular self-check-in
For those busy moms & working women crushing goals, taking time for regular mental health check-ins is crucial. This could look like meditating, praying, journaling, or even sitting in silence for 5-10 minutes before or after work to ask intentional questions like:
- How am I feeling on a scale of 1-10 physically and mentally?
- What situation or thing is taking up most of my headspace today?
- How has my sleep been this week?
- What is one small thing I can do for myself to feel good?
Mental health check-ins help to create a judgment-free zone and can help you honor your deeper needs and emotions on a daily basis. Asking these simple questions can help you make those small tweaks to get back into alignment and on your way to feeling your best.
4. Visualize your goals + choose to be S.M.A.R.T.
Practicing visualization can be a powerful way to realize your specific goals. Pressing play on a powerful guided visualization meditation can help you uncover those deeper desires and goals for your career, relationships, and life. Additionally, creating a vision board with inspiring images and quotes that symbolize where you desire to go can help serve as a visual reminder of what you are building towards…and give you that extra nudge of motivation!
One way to create specific, achievable goals is the S.M.A.R.T. Goal Method:
- Specific: This means getting clear on the who, what, when, and why of your goal so you can clearly know what goal you are working towards.
- Measurable: Making something measurable helps you to track your progress and stay motivated all throughout the process.
- Achievable: Picking an achievable goal means that while your abilities may be stretched it is still realistically attainable given the time frame or financial investment.
- Relevant: Asking key questions regarding the goal’s relevant importance to you and the season of life that you are in is important.
- Time-Bound: Making the goal time-bound gives you a deadline to work towards with a target end date.
5. Invest in self-development through reading or hiring a therapist
Reading that new fiction book with a glass of wine can be an enjoyable escape but purchasing a growth book has the power to open you up to a world of knowledge and wisdom. An easy way to start is by writing out a list of topics that light you up. These topics can be anything from cultivating a healthier mindset to practicing mindfulness or even starting up that business you’ve been dreaming about. Doing this can help serve as a blueprint for which books and even online courses to explore. For a longer-term investment, consider hiring a trained therapist. Therapy can be an insightful way to heal childhood wounds, uncover unhelpful patterns, and become aware of any blind spots holding you back from living your best life.
At the end of the day, one of the most powerful investments a woman can make is in herself. This International Women’s Day is a reminder that all women carry the intuitive power to create a life of impact that inspires those around her. Whether in the workplace or within the home, women investing in health and growth can help create a deeper sense of daily fulfillment for themselves while avoiding burnout in the long haul… the vibrantly feminine way!