5 Seasonal Ways to Spread Joy This October
October 11th is National Spread Joy Day, a day dedicated to creating small, joyful moments for others (and yourself). According to National Today, this lighthearted holiday was established by Laura Jennings (CEO of gifting company Knack,) when she wanted to spread some good vibes after becoming overwhelmed by all the negativity in the news.
Want to get in on the feel-good fun? Today on the Vibrant Health blog, we’re sharing five seasonal ways you can spread some joy this October.
5 Simple Ways to Participate in National Spread Joy Day
- Deliver a Fall-Themed Gift
- Donate New or Gently Used Coats
- Go Apple Picking with a Friend
- Share a Healthy Fall Meal with a Loved One
- Start a Gratitude Jar
- Deliver a Fall-Themed Gift: Who doesn’t love receiving a surprise gift at their doorstep? Gather fall-themed goodies like a mini pumpkin, cozy candle, a mug, and some tea and drop it off at a neighbor’s house for an adult version of a “Boo Basket.”
Want to send some love to a friend who doesn’t live locally? Take a tip from Spread Joy Day’s founder Laura and send out a curated fall gift from her company, Knack.
- Donate New or Gently Used Coats: As winter approaches, now is a great time to clear out your closet for the season ahead. Consider donating your new or gently used winter coats to a nonprofit organization like Button Up Connecticut (if you’re local to Connecticut) or One Warm Coat to spread some warmth and joy to others in need. Win, win!
- Go Apple Picking with a Friend: Spending time with loved ones is a great way to spread joy and put a smile on their faces! Get out of the house for a fall adventure like apple picking at a local farm where you can spend time outside bonding with your best friend while soaking up those fall vibes. Here are some local New England farm ideas for pick-your-own produce and other fall adventures.
- Share a Healthy Fall Meal with a Loved One: Nothing says “I love you” quite like a scratch-made meal. Whip up a healthy fall casserole (like this Butternut Squash & Spinach Lasagna), a batch of homemade muffins or these No Bake Cinnamon Apple Cheesecake Jars to drop off to a family member or friend who could use some extra help (or even just because.)
- Start a Gratitude Jar: We’re approaching the season for giving thanks. Get ahead of the game this fall by starting a gratitude jar — writing down one thing you’re grateful for every day and dropping it into a jar. Get the whole family involved for a simple way to spread joy to yourself and others!
Tag us @VibrantHealth to share how you’re spreading joy this season!